What is this desert
This dry, sandy walk?
What have I done Lord
To create pebble and rock?
In dependence I'm searching
Desiring Your touch
Yet, still there's such emptiness
This loneliness, my crutch
These tears which present themselves
Seem never to end
They're offered to Your glory
Holy Spirit, descend!
I'm searching for Your eyes
To meet these lifeless pools.
Will Your ears listen gently
While I break legalist rules?
Surrounded by this deafening wind
Inside this desert's shell
Creating deepening madness
A longing to free this hell.
Please help me break outside these bounds
Create a refuge, my River.
Walk out to me with arms of love
And I'll run to You, my Deliverer!
Take me far from toil and pain
Where a kiss will annoint
Tears are priceless, not in vain.
I want all of You Jesus
I miss You, my King.
Until we are together,
I've lost everything.
Don't turn away, allow me the joy
Of experiencing moments to delight in Your glory
I admit I'm unworthy with no right to ask
But I'm desperate for You Father
In your Presence I must bask!
Let me view from this wasteland
Some hope in the night
Your light in the distance
Radiate warmly into sight
Bring refreshment, bring truth, bring comfort to my soul
And may I never again lose sight of the One who makes me whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment