Sunday, December 13, 2015

In This Quiet

As I sit in this quiet, this still secret place
It's here I find peace while seeking Your face
Your joy is my strength
There's contentment every day
When I talk to You at length
Woven stress begins to fray

Things often change and become slightly odd
But it's ok because You are unchanging God
And no enemy of ours can possibly steal
The peace You give sweetly as I kneel
To come into Your sheltering arms of love
Content to trust inside wings of my dove

You meet me right here
You hold me so near
The love I know
Inspiring me to grow

Every day a bit more in need of You
Every day a bit less in need of control
I know there is nothing I alone can do
It's only with You that I am made whole

I love Your ways
I love these days
When I am with You

No comments:

Post a Comment