Sunday, December 13, 2015

To Jim

As I look across the room and see you standing there
I'm reminded of the first time I glimpsed your face
That halfway smile and bleached out hair
Your eyes which held mine steadily was your ace
And when you spoke it was with such an ease
Each word caught an eloquent breeze
And I knew I could spend eternity with this guy
This cool, carefree character who made me sigh

Then you left Your Mom and Dad to become my closest friend
We gave everything we had, knowing we'd love until the end.

So when things get mundane
And life makes us insane
It's a comfort to know
That through the years we'll grow
Closer and older
Wrinkled yet bolder
Though sweat pants we may wear
and grayer becomes our hair
We've something beautiful together
We share a love that's forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment