Sunday, December 13, 2015

When I'm With You

I've never been good at talking in small
Never really minded standing behind someone tall
There's nothing so special or mysterious as to why
It's just that I've always been a little bit shy

I was never chosen first and never chosen last
Never got straight A's, but always got passed
My name wasn't always important to remember
My fire wasn't bright, just a slow burning ember
So it always seemed simplest to expect no one cared
Until I met You, I was completely unaware

But when I'm with You, the skies open wide
Your ears care to listen, I've no need to hide
Everything that matters is inside Your arms
Only there do I find safety and warmth
You make me feel special without judgement or change
You understand and don't demand I rearrange
It is through Your grace You inspire so much more
Because You love when I don't deserve it. So it's You I adore

I want to learn to listen and care
To extend a helping hand and be always aware
Because so many are hurting and may never know
How much they are loved, How Your touch makes us grow
Inspire my heart to beat true and fast
For those who stood behind me, always chosen last

Life sets us all on lonely, empty stages
Books are sold by millions, tragedy staining their pages
Media  cruelly capitalizes on pain like it's fiction
Evil seizes our hearts and minds, causing murderous friction

But there is hope and it rests in You
If only we'll turn, bring love into view

Because, with You the skies split open wide
Your ears gently listen, there's no need to hide
Everything that matters is inside Your arms
Only there does peace dwell as Your grace swarms
You say each of us are special without judgement or change
You planned us, You understand us without forcing us to rearrange
If only we could accept the gift You've paid for
You love when we don't deserve it. How could anyone need more?

No comments:

Post a Comment