I can remember wet grass on my feet
The smell of onion weeds and wild berries to eat
All alone outside, knowing You were there
As I sat connecting clovers to put in my hair
I recall getting dizzy as I spun with closed eyes
Arms straight out, face to the skies
Falling to the ground, lying in the sun
Giggling because turning circles was so much fun
I remember running fingers over long pig-tailed hair
As I lay looking at Heaven with a wide-eyed stare
All these dizzying cirlces from questions in my head
Like How long would it take to get to You if I sped?
And how could it be that You'd always been around?
Blowing my little mind with this mystery in which I'm bound
I knew when You were here, You loved the little children
I imagined if I'd been there then, You'd have bear hugged me with affection
So I want to say thanks because I've always known You
Life has been meaningful, Your promises proven true
I've seen Your hand upon every single day
Received Your grace in so many ways
You are my Redeemer, Creator, and Friend
What a beautiful promise to know that eternity I will spend
With You
Do keep writing!
ReplyDelete